Chinese herbal medicine and acupuncture have thousands of years of experience in dealing with hot flashes, low libido, erectile dysfunction, vaginal dryness, menstrual spotting, and hair loss, among other symptoms. Many of these treatments can be applied to transgender care, to complement hormone therapy during transition. Additionally, acupuncture has been shown to greatly reduce recovery time from surgery and help with post-surgical problems such as lack of sensation and scarring. Acupuncture and herbs can be used to stimulate hair regrowth, stop uterine spotting, and ease side effects of prescription hormones. We happily work with MDs, surgeons, and other healthcare providers to give you the most well-rounded care possible.
Acupuncture and herbs may help to:
- Ease menstrual, uterine, post-hysterectomy, and ‘psychosomatic’ cramps
- Reduce PMS/PMDD and cyclical bloating
- Reduce spotting and breakthrough bleeding
- Ease symptoms of endometriosis and fibroids
- Soothe vaginal dryness and atrophy
- Ease candida/yeast infections and bacterial vaginosis (BV)
- Reduce pain with sex and increase orgasmic capacity
- Improve fertility, and help restore fertility post-T
- Improve prostate health and reduce swelling and inflammation
- Increase erectile capacity
- Balance hormones to soothe ups and downs
- Speed effects of pharmaceutical hormones
- Reduce hot flashes and night sweats
- Reduce post-surgical pain, speed healing, and reduce scarring
- Reduce compression pain, chest tightness, and skin lesions from binding and gaffing
- Improve circulation to prevent blood clots
- Reduce edema and water weight
- Regulate low and high blood pressure
- Reduce and restore hair loss
- Reduce fatigue
- Improve sleep
- Benefit memory and concentration
- Reduce stress and soothe anxiety
- Lift depression
- Boost your immune system to keep you healthy through the seasons
All information in this blog is for educational uses only. Always consult your doctor before taking any herbs or supplements, or changing or discontinuing your medications.
Contact us to see if your insurance covers services at our office!
Join the Prism Family! Subscribe to our newsletter and get our free hormone health mini e-course.