Chinese herbal medicine and acupuncture have thousands of years of experience in reducing pain, soothing anxiety and depression, improving sleep and digestion, regulating menstruation and menopause, and keeping the immune system healthy.
In my practice, I also use acupuncture to ease side effects of hormone therapy (such as acne from testosterone or stomach problems from spironolactone), reduce post-surgical pain and swelling, speed healing and improve sensation, reduce the appearance of scars (including adhesions and keloids), reduce hair loss and restore hair growth, and reduce pain from binding.
Tailored to Your Journey:
Preparing for or contemplating hormone therapy
Concurrent with hormone therapy
Milder alternative to hormone therapy for some cases
Pre/post-surgery, including home visits
Hair Restoration: prevent further hair loss and aid in regrowth of new hair
We happily work with MDs, surgeons, and other healthcare providers to give you the most well-rounded care possible. Each person’s gender journey is unique and our mission is to provide you will all of the available options and power to make your own informed decisions about how and when you want your path to unfold.
Acupuncture and herbs may help to:
- Ease menstrual, uterine, post-hysterectomy, and ‘psychosomatic’ cramps
- Reduce PMS/PMDD and cyclical bloating
- Reduce spotting and breakthrough bleeding
- Ease symptoms of endometriosis and fibroids
- Soothe vaginal dryness and atrophy
- Ease candida/yeast infections and bacterial vaginosis (BV)
- Reduce pain with sex and increase orgasmic capacity
- Improve fertility, and help restore fertility post-T
- Improve prostate health and reduce swelling and inflammation
- Increase erectile capacity
- Balance hormones to soothe ups and downs
- Speed effects of pharmaceutical hormones
- Reduce hot flashes and night sweats
- Reduce post-surgical pain, speed healing, and reduce scarring
- Reduce compression pain, chest tightness, and skin lesions from binding and gaffing
- Improve circulation to prevent blood clots
- Reduce edema and water weight
- Regulate low and high blood pressure
- Reduce and restore hair loss
- Reduce fatigue
- Improve sleep
- Benefit memory and concentration
- Reduce stress and soothe anxiety
- Lift depression
- Boost your immune system to keep you healthy through the seasons
Join the Prism Family! Subscribe to our newsletter and get $30 off your first visit.
All advice on this site and blog is for educational uses only. Always consult your doctor before taking any herbs or supplements, or schedule an acupuncture appointment with Katrina to get your own personalized herbal formula and acupuncture treatment. Questions? Check out the FAQ or resources pages or contact.